- National Artisan Moderating Body Apprenticeship trade test writing
- Strategy and Execution for NGOs workshop
- Merseta Future of Manufacturing in SA event
- MIASA Board meeting and Advisory Committee meeting
- SABBEX Board meeting
- Coastal Economic Spatial Development Framework: City of Cape Town meeting
- NMMU Oceans Economy Symposium, Port Elizabeth
- Dti NIP meetings
- Member meetings
The consolidated Cape Town Boat Show, 14 – 16 October, endorsed by MIASA, was a great success and exhibitors and visitors alike were positive about the single location adjacent to the Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront. Sales were made and strong leads established for many exhibitors. We look forward to taking the show from strength to strength going forward.
One of our members, Seascape Stainless Steel Services, were strong contenders in the Cape Exporter of the Year event this year, but unfortunately did not make it to the finals. Koorts Liebenberg CEO of Seascape was at the Gala Dinner to congratulate the winners and I was an invited guest of the ECIC, the key sponsors of the event.
MIASA has been invited onto the Steering Committee of the World Maritime Day Parallel Event to be held in South Africa in 2020. I will be flying up to Pretoria for that meeting tomorrow and will keep you updated on developments that can promote and encourage more business opportunity and profiling for MIASA members.